We make advocacy simple for you Home | For lawyers | Contact Us |               | info@easyadvocacy.com


How and why to ask right questions?

Focusing on to the exact problem at hand can be quite a task. While posting a question on EA one should:

Ask specific Questions, e.g.

How to get a Divorce?

How to convert LLP into Pvt. Ltd?

How to file a complaint under Sexual Harassment? 

Select the Question Category
By categorising a query you are reaching out to the right experts related to your legal issues. 

Add description, if any.
Describe your query to provide a better picture of your situation. If you are seeking a divorce, specify your gender, location, kids, if any. Why are you seeking a divorce? 

The idea is simple! Get the maximum out of a professional on our platform to resolve your legal issues.

1 yr ago

Anonymous asked a question

Can a party withdraw the petition for divorce?

Category : Family Law

views: 196followers: 1 answers: 8

  1. 7 mons ago

    Advocate JHA ASHOK KUMAR
    Appellate Litigation

    Yes, a party may withdraw petition any day till the decree of divorce is granted

    Agreed (0)
  2. 7 mons ago

    Advocate MOHD. ATIF KHAN
    Consumer Protection Law

    Yes , you can file the applications under the appropriate provisions of law 

    For any help  contact me on
    Atif khan 

    Agreed (0)
  3. 11 mons ago


    Agreed (0)
  4. 11 mons ago

    Alternative Dispute Resolution

    Yes, a party who hs filed d divorce petition can withdraw d same at any time. 

    Agreed (0)
  5. 11 mons ago

    Advocate Yaashna Thakran(Associate Member)
    Alternative Dispute Resolution

    Yes it can- either by the Petitioner in person or through the main counsel (whose name and signature appears on the vakalatnama)

    Agreed (0)
  6. 12 mons ago

    Advocate EKTA
    Civil Law

    yes .. it can be withdraw by the petitioner only.

    Agreed (0)
  7. 12 mons ago

    yes, a party who filed the petition can withdraw.

    Agreed (0)
  8. 1 yr ago

    In a divorce case there is a six month cooling off period or time gap between first motion and the second motion, either of the parties can withdraw the petition by filing an application before the court, stating that they do not intend to get divorce through mutual consent. 

    Agreed (0)

Ask your question from lawyers!

Ask anonymously