In any proceeding under this Act, the court may, from time to time, pass
such interim orders and make such provisions in the decree as it may deem just and proper with respect to
the custody, maintenance and education of minor children, consistently with their wishes, wherever
possible, and may, after the decree, upon application by petition for the purpose, make from time to time,
all such orders and provisions with respect to the custody, maintenance and education of such children as
might have been made by such decree or interim orders in case the proceeding for obtaining such decree
were still pending, and the court may also from time to time revoke, suspend or vary any such orders and
provisions previously made:
1. Ins by Act 68 of 1976, s. 17, (w.e.f. 27-5-1976).
2. Ins. by Act 49 of 2001, s. 8 (w.e.f. 24-9-2001).
3. The words “while the applicant remains unmarried” omitted by Act 68 of 1976, s. 18 (w.e.f. 27-5-1976).
4. Subs. by s. 18, ibid., for certain words. (w.e.f. 27-5-1976).
5. Subs. by s. 18, ibid., for “it shall rescind the order” (w.e.f. 27-5-1976).
[Provided that the application with respect to the maintenance and education of the minor children,
pending the proceeding for obtaining such decree, shall, as far as possible, be disposed of within sixty
days from the date of service of notice on the respondent.